Translate

Thursday 9 June 2016

Winning a prize from "8 in the Universe"

As some of you may know, I have an online presence on Twitter, as well as my website and blogs.

Whilst I was being sociable on twitter, I saw a competition to win a place at an aromatherapy workshop, run by "8 in the Universe" . They also offered a package of products, for one long distance winner.
To enter, I simply had to take a photograph of anything that was in eights - and hope that my photograph won.
I entered a picture of hubby's woodturning items - and to my delight, my photo won.

The aromatherapy workshop on "Summer Bodies" was held at 8 in the Universe's premises, in London.
Being in Scotland, I won the long distance prize.

Here is what arrived in the post..





and when I opened it, there was this..





removing the paper that said "summer bodies" it turned out to be a booklet of how each of the products was created and the uses of certain aromatherapy oils.




Here you see the products - and thanks to the booklet, I can re-create each of them!




The very next day, I decided to use all the products in my morning shower routine.

First up was the body scrub, which contained Pink Himalayan salt crystals - amongst other things. 
I mixed a tablespoon of the scrub with a little warm water to make it easier to use in the shower and it did what it was supposed to, exfoliate my skin. Because I was in the shower, I didn't really notice any aromas, but my skin felt fresher.

Second up was the facial scrub - and here I was in aroma happy heaven!
As I followed the instructions on gently rubbing into my face, the cocktail of essential oils transported me to a fresh spring day. Cleansing and purifying, like running in a spring meadow. My face felt soft and moisturised after use.

Lastly was the hand cream - and this is a tough prospect being judged by me. Being a reflexologist, I must have tried every hand cream going, but this - oh this was a delight! The aromas were revitalising, the cream itself plumped up my dry skin ( that's a lot of time in the garden) and my hands stayed moisturised all day.
I am won over by this little pot of magic!

If you ever get a chance to go on a Summer Bodies workshop at 8 in  the Universe, featuring Micha the aromatherapist - go! If my parcel is a measure of what you'll do and receive - you will thoroughly enjoy the benefits.

8 in the Universe have a website, which can be found  HERE

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm they look lovely. I love luxury products (I treat myself to Temple Spa from time to time). Will definitely look them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
They will be moderated, so won't appear instantly.