Translate

Thursday 5 September 2013

A Day at the Tate

While on holiday, I took a trip into London to meet up with a couple of friends.
We decided to go the the Tate Modern.


While waiting for my friends to arrive, I took a stroll through the silver birch planting  and down to the River Thames.


This photo shows the Millennium Bridge over to St Paul's Cathedral


We wandered through the galleries at the Tate Modern, then we decided to take a River Bus down to Tate Britain and view their artworks. The first is the outward trip, the second the return journey and a view of the London Eye from the boat.


Waiting for the boats on the floating platoons was great fun - your sea legs got some practice! The Thames has quite a current, as we found out!

At Tate Britain, they allowed us to take pictures as long as we used no flash. So here are my few pics... 






Once we disembarked from the return boat, we decided to walk over Millennium Bridge, take a circuit of St. Paul's, then go for a coffee and shortbread. One the way to the bridge we passed the Globe Theatre.


and finally, St. Paul's Cathedral 


do you know, I'd painted this view, previously? 
Here it is, called 'En Route'




Hope you've enjoyed coming along with me, on my trip to London.


9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip to go on. Wished I was there, but the pictures made it seem like I was. Thank you for sharing Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely trip, Betty. Even though wet, it stayed warm! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely day. Thanks for letting us tag along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, Robin. More than happy for you to tag along :) xx

      Delete
  3. You had a great trip, Pat! I wish to go there some day. And a painting at the end of the post: it looks almost the same as the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, Judy! I hope you have a fab time if you ever get to go. Thanks, the painting is very similar, they've planted more trees since the first one was done! xx

      Delete
  4. Dear Pat - I have always wanted to see London. It looks like a lovely city - maybe someday I will get to visit. In the meantime I so enjoyed seeing it through your eyes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my little tour, Debbie.
      I hope you do get to visit in the future, I'm sure you'd enjoy it :) xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Pat:) Thanks for sharing these beautiful photo's but more beautiful is your painting. Such a look a like! Have a nice weekend:)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
They will be moderated, so won't appear instantly.