Translate

Thursday 30 May 2013

Reflexology and Annie's Wax


I love reflexology and feel blessed to be able to work in this field.

Every now and then, I make a discovery which makes my work even more enjoyable. Annie's Wax is that discovery.



When I first trained to be a reflexologist, we were all taught the techniques using talcum powder, because that provided a good grip on the foot.

After a few years in practice, I noticed that I was more and more prone to dry hands and some eczema like blisters. My GP told me to stop using talcum and find something else. So I did. I experimented with all the big brand hand creams, until I found one that seemed to suit all my clients, provoking no allergies.

I quite happily used this hand cream for many years. Over a decade.



Until, quite by chance, I saw a lady on Twitter who had a product that she said was great for use in reflexology. Not only that, but at the time, she was offering a free sample. So I took the plunge and asked for a sample of Annie's Wax.

When it arrived – extremely promptly, I might add – I asked my ever suffering hubby to be the guinea pig.



When his feet were in front of me, I applied the wax (which is a blend of wax and oil) onto his right foot.

On his left, I applied my usual hand cream. This was my own effort at a trial, to test the product's suitability.

What I found surprised me. Not only did the wax provide grip without slip, it allowed me to make a deep contact easily, at first attempt.

The second surprise was my hubby. He piped up that his foot with the wax felt very warm and much more pleasant and comfortable than the one with the cream on. He asked would I please take the cream off his left foot and apply the wax instead. So I did and completed his session. Then I worked on my own feet using the wax and they too felt warm and much more comfortable than with the cream. The extra bonus was, because I never removed the wax, we both awoke the next day with noticeably softer feet.



I haven't gone back to the cream. I ordered two large tubs of the wax. Everyone who has had reflexology with me since has loved it.

If you wish to know more about Annie's Wax, take a look at her website HERE


4 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! BTW the link doesn't work, but I found Annie's website through Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy. I've changed the link now - no idea what happened, but it took me three goes to get it to point in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, I'll go have a look. (Too bad I can't come to you for a session! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a shame no-one's invented that Star Trek beaming device, eh Robin? But then, would we trust it? :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
They will be moderated, so won't appear instantly.