Translate

Sunday 9 March 2014

An afternoon off, a walk in the woods - and meeting the Borrowers.

Yesterday I had an afternoon off from looking after my ailing hubby - and I decided to spend it taking a walk in the local woods.

It was a gorgeous day, so mild I never needed to keep my coat on over my jumper. It was so liberating not to wear a coat!
I took a few pics, so you could enjoy my ramble with me.

Carving at entry to wood walk
approaching the wigwam

artistic shot of reflections in a puddle

sitting by the pond, just relaxing

Someone's been building a shelter (woodcraft day)

the only flowering tree I saw

The children's adventure wigwam up close
I spent a couple of hours, simply walking. I felt totally recharged, just from this little break. Freedom from cares and being in nature have that effect  - and I'm grateful for it.
After my walk, I popped into the visitor centre - and there they have a library of donated books, which helps to fund the care of the woods. I found one book I'd never read as a child - and now I have the Omnibus of four books.
Meet the Borrowers!

My visitor centre find
So I had three hours in total away from home, and had a break that felt as good as any two week holiday to me! Walking in woods - what a tonic. I heartily recommend it, especially when there's a book at the end :)

8 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed your walk too Pat. There is something about the outdoors, in places that are peaceful that can really restore us. Thanks for taking us on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your Husband. Taking a break is what we need sometimes when taking care of our love ones in times like those. Your walk looks like it was a very nice and renewing one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature heals. (and you're going to love the book! One of my favorites from my childhood!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found solace in nature, it's amazing how rejuvenated a walk can make you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the walk, Pat. I'm glad you were able to have a little break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great walk and beautiful pics! That wigwam looks like a child's heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, what great pics. The wigwam looks like a childs heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pics. The wigwam looks like a child's heaven

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
They will be moderated, so won't appear instantly.