Translate

Sunday 29 May 2016

Paving the garden

After the rockery, it was time to pave my Scottish garden. I already had my trusty plan, where the paving was marked in orange





and this is it, in real life






The paving stones are currently resting on the earth/old gravel, whilst I decide if that's exactly where they will stay. Better to live with something for a week or two, than to bed in cement straight away - and then be stuck with it, forever!

However, even with the paving where it is, I can still plant some of the items I bought - and here you can see a few in place.

Trollius (globeflower) by the water feature:

The water feature is a steel construction, coated with a special chemical, that reacts to the water where you live; rusting to give a protective layer. Each one will be different, as the chemical composition of an area's water is different. As you can see, ours will be a lovely shade of orange.

Around by the rockery, we have a few more little plants in - and you can see some of the statuary we brought with us, from Essex.

Eventually, all of the gravel will be the lighter coloured one - and then, we wait for the plants to grow and fill up the spaces.
Watching Chelsea Flower how this week just gone has made me want to see it finished even more - but I keep reminding myself, patience!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! You've been busy! Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Robin! It's the reason my online presence has suffered - any spare time you know what I'm doing :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Pat what a big job. Your garden looks gorgeous. I can see where you find your inspiration. Have a delightful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it so far, Deborah. I'm hoping when it's all done, it'll still be delightful!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
They will be moderated, so won't appear instantly.